Tuesday 12 June 2012

First day of class! - Day 5

Hi ho hi ho it's off to school I go!
My morning started with my Irish Literature class tought by Stephen McMahon. He told us a little bit about his life and it was very interesting. He was very interested in our lives too, where we go to school, what were studying, and what we liked to do for fun! We went over the syllabus for the class and then it hit me...I'm practically back in school. I guess this wont just be a 6 week long vacation, bummer. Anyways, our final grade will be made up of class participation 25%, midterm paper (1500 words) 20%, presentation 20%, and the end of term paper (2500 words) 35%. Considering I'ver never written a paper that long before I got a little worried. He seemed very reassuring in the fact that he would be available for help so hopefully I'll survive. He also told us that we would have field trips during class and out of class sometimes, and who doesn't love a field trip?! Class was over at 12 and my next class wasn't until 1 so a couple of us went to lunch together at the same burger place we went to last week. My next class was History of Ireland taught by Gillian O'Brien. She is very young and has a dry sense of humor that was pretty entertaining. She described what the class would be like and broke down our final grade: class participation 10%, 2 multiple choice exams 20%, written reviews of two movies (Michael Collins and The Wind that Shakes the Barley) 10%, and we have to answer 50 questions based on aspects of the course and the sites that we visit during and outside of class 60%. More field trips, yayy!!!! After that the note taking process began. She seemed very knowledgable and wasn't as boring as some history teachers I've had before, hopefully I'll know a little more about Ireland by the time the course is over!
Then it was time to head home! After I caught up on some TV I figured it was time to cook for the first time in my apartment. Luckily it's pretty equipped with pots and pans but they're all pretty ghetto. They all worked fairly well though and I made penne pasta with mushrooms, spinach, and tomatoes! My go to meal. It tasted almost as good as it does when I make it at home.
I have class again tomorrow at 4, which means I get to sleep in!

Goodnight,
HP

No comments:

Post a Comment